Warot Business Consultant Ltd.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Performed legal due diligence for mergers and acquisitions on behalf of companies.
- Assisted in structuring transactions and drafting shareholders agreements, share purchase agreements and other related agreements/documents in connection with the transactions.
- Provided legal advice on transactional, compliance and government regulatory issues.
Corporate and Commercial
- Prepared corporate documents for company registration, such as company formation, amendment of shareholdings, relocation of companies’ head offices and change of company’s directors.
- Drafted various types of agreements to support clients’ business operations, for example, management service agreement, franchise agreement and lease agreement, etc.
Foreign Direct Investment
- Prepared legal documents for the issuance of Foreign Business Licenses.
- Assisted clients in gaining access to Thai investment promotion programmes and other investment and industrial incentives provided by the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI).
Assisted clients in amending promoted projects on existing BOI promotion certificates.
- Advised clients on tax implications, such as corporate income tax, value added tax, withholding tax and stamp duty for various issues on domestic transactions.
- Identified tax implications on cross-border transactions and inter-company transactions, i.e. PE, capital gains, withholding tax and tax incentives provided in double taxation agreements.
- Assisted in structuring transactions in a tax-efficient manner and provided support/compliance for tax needs.
- Represented clients in the Thai Revenue Department audits and procured refunds for overpaid value added tax and withholding tax and and assisted clients in drafting and submitting requests for tax rulings.
- Performed tax due diligence for mergers and acquisitions or business reorganisation to determine potential tax issues and risks.
- Developed and prepared documentation containing information required by Thailand's transfer pricing guidelines.
- Conducted benchmark studies to identify the arm's length range of prices/operating profits of the transactions/company.
- Examined the tax implications of contracts and made recommendations for solving problems to clients on transfer pricing issues.
- Assisted clients in the Revenue Department transfer pricing investigations.
Experience In Other Areas Of Law
- Advised clients on immigration laws.
- Drafted and reviewed employment agreements and settlement contracts
- Represented clients settling labour issues with their employees.
- Advised clients on general labour law matters.
- Advised clients on renewable energy programmes in Thailand.
- Advised clients on legal issues for conducting E-Commerce businesses.
- Researched laws and regulations for any legal issues.
- Represented a Thai E-Commerce startup in fund raising. The deal was worth USD 300K.
- Represented a Thai tech company on negotiation of share purchase agreement and shareholders agreement with foreign investors. The value of this deal was THB 20 million.
- Successfully represented clients on applying for BOI promotions in software and trade and investment support office activities.
- Advised a listed company on commercial agreements/contracts in relation to day-to-day operation, Merger & Acquisition, tax and general legal matters.
- Represented one of the biggest mobile phone importers in relation the settlement agreement with one of the largest mobile operators in Thailand.
- Represented a Japanese company in the Revenue Department audit. Approximately THB 4 million can be saved as a result of audit.
- Represented a Japanese firm in conducting legal due diligence on the Japanese manufacturer in Thailand.